The Howell/De Rosa Family

The Howell/De Rosa Family
San Francisco 2010

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WOW!

Something about living in the high mountain desert is- it warms up when it snows.  I know, I know, it sounds crazy. But it's true.  Today looked like a beautiful sunny day, then I stepped outside. UGH. The wind was blowing and with the chill factor the temperature is about 4. Yes. 4 degrees.  Did we somehow turn into Minnesota? Wisconsin?  I mean COME ON! It's February!  Can we get just a small break?  Thing is I'm afraid tomorrow (Ground Hog Day) that stupid ground hog is going to come out of his burrow and see his stupid shadow.  What then?  Six more flippin' weeks of winter.  NOT something I'm looking forward too.
The other thing I woke up to today is a sore throat.  Everyone (except me and the hubby) in the house has been sick for the last couple of weeks. I felt like I was almost out of the woods and able to avoid it, and WHAM!  Here I am feeling like crap!  I almost called into work and told them I was sick!  ( I crack myself up sometimes)
So we got a movie at the old Red Box.  It was called,  "MACHETE".  I think I laughed myself even sicker!!  It was TOTALLY inappropriate, but wildly entertaining.   Would I recommend it to you?  Only if you think you can handle really bad acting and lots of swearing and a bit of nudity.  My LDS friends should probably NOT watch it. 
Had a little run around with the HR dept for the bank I used to work for and my insurance guy.  The bank actually sent my pay stub to the branch where I used to work, instead of mailing it to my home!  (Good thinkin'.) Plus-it looks like they're trying to screw me out of my bonus incentive pay for the 4th quarter last year. And my home owners insurance actually deducted their annual premium TWICE from my escrow last year, so now the bank is asking me to come up with an additional twelve hundred bucks to cover the escrow account. I DON'T think so.
Jeez- maybe I should hire a secretary to handle all this crap for me!!  I was hoping to relax  a little in between jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment